This festive season, Fighting Words and Graffiti Theatre Company are inviting young writers between the ages of 6 and 12 years to write your own Christmas story! Spreading holiday cheer is more important than ever this year, so fire up your imagination and create a new classic tale.
Create a Christmas Story with Some Help from Our Friends!
To help you get started, we have asked some of our friends to craft story prompts - click on the links below to watch the start of a new story that you can finish yourself.
There are twelve stories in all - click on the links to hear stories by authors and performers from all over the island of Ireland in English and in Irish!
Celebrate Your Creativity!
We hope that young writers all over Ireland - and beyond - will be inspired to create new Christmas stories at school or at home.
You can use the templates here to help you to write all the stories in your imagination!
- 12 Stories of Christmas Guidelines
- 12 Stories of Christmas Story Template
- 12 Stories of Christmas Poem Template
- 12 Stories of Christmas Illustration Template
- 12 Stories of Christmas Comic Template
- 12 Stories of Christmas Song Template
12 Stories of Christmas Storybook
We have also collected all the stories in English and Irish in a book you can download and print!
Share Your Stories With Us on Social Media!
Fighting Words and Graffiti Theatre Company are sharing these story prompts as a fun way to create new stories with your family, friends and classmates.
If you would like to share your stories with us too, you can do that in two ways -
- A comment on our social media posts: ask your parent or guardian to share your story as a comment on the social media posts from Fighting Words and Graffiti for the story prompt. You will find them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- A post on your parent/guardian’s social media accounts: ask your parent or guardian to upload your story to their social media accounts using the hashtag #12StoriesofChristmasIreland. Be sure to tag Fighting Words and Graffiti Theatre Company so we can see and share your work!
Please note that this is optional and not a requirement.